*taps mic* Is this still on?
Yeah, I've been a terrible LJ'er and LJ friend. School (and tumblr, and Avengers) have pretty much taken over my life. I honestly cannot believe that I haven't updated since July, this is the longest in 10 years of having this journal that I haven't updated it.
Things in point form because things in point form always seem a lot better (maybe, IDK):
- in August I went on a road trip down to seaside Oregon and Seattle with my dad. We went to the Seattle zoo and I got to feed an elephant
. Her name was Bamboo and I got to feed her bamboo.
- School started and since we're almost all digital this year I have some new toys:
My new 27" iMac they give us (but technically our tuition pays for it all) and the 24" HD Wacom Cintiq. The Cintiq was a huge investment (these things are not
cheap), but ultimately it's what I wanted and what I need to further myself in my career choices. I had thought about getting one for a couple of years and decided to take the plunge.
- School is kicking my ass as well as everyone else's. The workload is just... yeah, we're putting in an average of 60 hours a week right now and it's only going to get worse. I've already had one breakdown and I'm sure there will be more to come.
- Having said that I am enjoying most of the classes I'm in. Digital typography is a favourite and our first major assignment was to do a portrait of someone completely in type. So of course I chose Loki because the Avengers and Tom Hiddleston continues to ruin my life.
This was the final outcome and mine was picked (along with seven others) to be blown up to about 4'x6' and displayed at the university.
- One of my illustration assignments consisted of Robert Downey Jr (and a pet, so I chose a cat because he really is a crazy cat lady).
- So pretty much my life since August 27th has been school, volunteering on the weekend, school, sleep, school, working on school stuff, school, sleep, and more school.
- Mum and I may be getting kicked out/evicted again, but we don't know, so that's an added stress for sure.
I haven't even touched my FL so I've been really out of the loop. How are you? I really need to get back on here more and stay in touch.
You're more than welcome to follow my tumblr: my art tumblr where I post my artwork and anything else I find pretty
I'm also on instagram under the name gingerbunnie if you want to add me there as well. :)